Here is what we did at cavnessHR this past week.
We sent out the below cavnessHR survey using Typeform to our email list, to our social media and other places. It would be great if you could also fill out this 7 question survey.
We had our quarterly cavnessHR Board of Advisors meeting. As usual, this was a very useful meeting for us with our Board of Advisors providing great feedback and input. One thing I talked about was how from my point of view, the next 6 to 9 months will be very important to cavnessHR. We have been doing everything we need to do for the past year. The Marketing, the Content Creation, the networking, talking to everyone about cavnessHR, talking to people about becoming part of our team, taking care of the tech part of cavnessHR. Reaching out to potential investors, building relationships, adding value to others as best we can and other items. Now we need to acquire paying customers. The way I see it in the next 6 to 9 months. We either acquire customers or we don't. We either gain meaningful traction or we don't.
It is very important that we focus on customer acquisition and sales. To help us do this, we are going to reach out to around 3000 small business owners and founders in the Seattle/Tacoma area. Some of these we already know through pre-existing relationships. But the majority of them we will be using Dux-Soup and LinkedIn Sales Navigator to connect with and to begin building relationships.
We took part in the Business Impact NW https://businessimpactnw.org/ "Grow and Thrive" HR presentation. Grow and Thrive is a 6-week class that helps small business owners improve their existing business. We were there to provide our input/feedback on their HR presentation. We also talked about the HR laws they would need to follow based on the number of employees in their company.
We had meetings with our Business Development person to discuss ways to improve our customer acquisition process. We met with our Marketing person to discuss ways to improve our Marketing efforts. We met with our Marketing Intern to look at ways to improve our social media. Our Marketing Intern also helped us refine our competitive analysis.
We continue looking for ways to take advantage of our relationships with the Tacoma Chamber of Commerce https://www.tacomachamber.org/ Business Impact NW https://businessimpactnw.org/ Bunker Labs Seattle https://bunkerlabs.org/seattle/ and Master Builders Association Pierce County https://www.mbapierce.com/
We made videos for our YouTube channel, FB page and LinkedIn Company page.
As part of our outreach if we have been reaching out to podcasts to see if are able to be a guest on their podcasts.
Below is the cavnessHR Tech update
- Deployed initial user signup/employee management to production site
- Evaluating cheaper/better alternative to HelloSign (Signing Hub)
- Dropbox (our storage solution) is purchasing HelloSign
- HelloWorks is a beta product from HelloSign that looks very promising but lacks clear pricing
- Interviewed several potential designer/developer interns
- Encountered significant performance issue with file storage solution
- Issue required dropping existing deployment platform
- Had to move to long-term solution (cheaper total operating cost) now (GCP)
- Will make future development simpler
- Results in 6-8 week time slip
- Hired one freelancer, but have been unable to leverage effectively yet due to considerable architecture/code change over the past several weeks